"A year of going cashless - and where it hasn't worked"

Hi All,

I wanted to share an interesting blog post I came across (found in part because of the mention of Money Dashboard):

I’m definitely in a similar boat to the author in that I rarely use cash, except for when abroad or at the local cafe that still only takes cash… but I’m curious as to whether many others are using a lot of cash for payments still, and if so, why?

1 Like

There are several services I use which are still cash-only, including the barbers and taxis (mainly because of the extortionate fees involved with processing card payments if you run a small business). I could probably substitute those for similar services which do accept cards, but that would involve leaving providers I trust for someone of unknown quantity or I don’t want to use for ethical reasons.

Also, paying by cash in a restaurant, especially when there’s a group of you, is so much easier than trying to split a bill and make 10 card payments. TippingIs easier with cash, if you can leave some change on the table rather than having to say how much you want to tip on the card machine, and there’s more chance of it actually getting to the staff.

2 Likes