Credit Card Balances Due

I clear my credit card balances every month. Is there any way of incorporating the statement due date into the programme so the balance due and the date of payment are incorporated.

1 Like

Hi @marshallpr2 that is definitely a function we are looking to introduce in the future, although I unfortunately don’t have a timeline for it just yet.

In the meantime, if you are putting a broadly similar amount on your credit card each month, I wonder if you’d want to set it up as a scheduled payment. However, you wouldn’t be able to edit the amount so this would always be an estimate.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Adrienne

Thanks Adrienne

I use the old version of Money Dashboard and not Neon as I rely on the Planner which is not available on Neon.

I use a monthly amount in Planner which is based on a rough expectation of my expenditure and I then adjust for any monthly variations. What is needed is some means of storing the balance at the statement date so the next months payment can be identified and manually incorporated in Planner.

Regards

Paul

image002.jpg

Hi Paul, thanks for explaining and sorry about the confusion. At the moment, we haven’t got plans to add new functionality to Planner on Money Dashboard Classic but I will pass your suggestion on to the team.

Best,
Adrienne

It would be great if I could amend my credit card payment total for future payments. Currently you are stuck with future payments not accurately matching future payments

The Open Banking API specs suggest that a lot of info can be obtained from accounts and I think that included upcoming billing amounts on cards, but it obviously depends on whether the providers (i.e. Credit Card companies) implement those specific endpoints.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I fully explained what I meant.

It is not an API download problem.

It is the list of future bill payments. Generally with direct debits your monthly bills are the same, but sometimes the monthly bill varies, like with credit cards.

An example is currently my app says my next month credit card payment will be ÂŁ525, and that is the figure it will always use, but I know my next payment is ÂŁ750.

So what I want to do is amend future bills. At the moment I have to delete the future payment, then search back to find a better bill total to copy and set that total as my future payment, not something I want to do. So in the end I just ignore the summary of future payments

Regards

Mike

Hi,

What I was looking at was asking MD to use the available APIs to actually look at the balance that would be paid at the next billing point (i.e. not the current outstanding balance, but the last statement balance, though this assumes balance to be paid in full) rather than basing it on a historic figure and having to adjust manually (as you are asking for).

e.g there appears to be a “OBReadStatement2/Data/Statement/StatementAmount” endpoint to read statement balances.

That way, the payment amount could be calculated as soon as a new statement is issued.

Hi

If that is a quick change, then that would be really amazing.

The App is getting better each month

Regards

Mike