Open Banking Issues?

Morning all.

In the past week I’ve had issues with two different institutions connecting to MB. Basically they expired and I couldn’t re authenticate them.

I did the old delete the accounts and add them back in, which wasn’t too much of a faff, but one of them is now unlinked again.

I would suspect the issue is on this side rather than the other. Am I the only one experiencing this?

1 Like

I have been having issues with connections “expiring” when they have only been in place for 10 days or so. Only fix I found was go to the Bank’s site and remove the connection permission for MDB, then go back to MDB and then reconnect. Works without having to delete the account from MDB

I am sure the problem is with MDB, as MoneyHub never drops the connection and works when MDB fails. It is an assumption mind, MH may be doing it a different way.

1 Like

Thanks will try that and see if that works too. Wonder if it’s a token or something being deleted on this end. I’m finding the reconnect just blanks out at the moment :upside_down_face:

@Phil89a @richarddougal Can you both throw in a ticket to support and we can have a look at it. I know there are some Open Baking connections that we have been having intermittent issues with. Would be great to find out where it is failing though and get that resolved or add it to our list of evidence for the connections we are having issues with.

Ticket has already been raised - #271816

1 Like